The property is located in the building known as Villa Görgey. Artúr Görgey lived from 1842 until in Visegrad and he was the builder of the house. His death the cottage was the home although he spent in the winter in Budapest his last years.
General Artúr Görgey was the Hungarian army chief to the war of independence last chapter in 1848-49. He extraordinary military capabilities had appreciated for his opponenst.
Artúr Görgey engaged in gardening during his spent decades in Visegrad.The General died in 1916.
The building was owned by the family Latinovits in the end of II.World War, then nationalized by the end of the eighties and operated as a resort.
The present proprietor bought the cottage in 1995 who is thorough after planning work,the then Office for Monument Protection ideas into account, completely renovated
The works ended in 2004.
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |